Why is change important?

Photo by Pawel Czerwinski on Unsplash


In a couple of days I am moving to Paris. Again. The last time when I lived in Paris (for about 2 months) was two years ago. Since then, I have moved into new homes twice – once after leaving Paris and once in November last year. I have been living for the last two years in the North of France. It was actually a very hard time for me. I faced many difficult situations and people. I confronted my biggest and deepest personal fears. I completely lost myself. I went to a point where I didn't know anymore who I was and what I wanted to do with my life. I was in a very dark place for a very long time. Now, I am finally out of the woods and somehow, I managed to get out the best I could of this challenging, but also transformational time of my life journey. In another blog post I would tell you more in details how I made the worst period of my life actually the best I could possibly experience. But now, let's talk about change.

Now, I am moving forward to a new chapter of my journey. Paris. Big city, the Eiffel tour, Mona Lisa, many people, so much things to do, craziness, crowded metro, tourists, beauty, rich people, poor people, refugees... you could find anything in Paris. And it is going to be a big change in my life. New apartment, new team, new projects to work on... maybe even a new me! I have definitely changed a lot since the last time I lived in Paris. Now, I have new priorities in life, new professional and personal goals. Now, I finally see what and who is important to me, what I want to achieve and what kind of a person I want to become. Of course, the search continues. It never ends. But it feels really good to be in peace with yourself. To be align with what you are doing. Even if it is just for a moment.

This is why I want to talk about “change” and how it plays a very important role in our life. I know many people who have always lived in the same city, not far away from theirs parents, who have worked at the same place, they still catch up on a regular basis with theirs high-school friends... And then, there is me - always changing towns, apartments, people I work with, always looking for new people to meet, new places to discover... Sometimes, I feel a little bit disconnected from the majority of people. Sometimes, I even feel a bit jealous of them for the opportunity to be near theirs families and closest friends all the time. Sometimes, I even feel a bit lonely, no matter that I know so many people. But change is important. Change is life or life is a constant change. Everything is changing all the time. It never stops. Change is what makes us feel alive. Change makes us reborn, lose ourselves and rediscover ourselves, create a new life, a new ME.


Change is painful, but it is worth it.


Change is always a challenge. It is very scary. You don't know the future. You definitely lose the solid ground under your feet and go out of your comfort zone. Is this the right decision? What is going to happen? Am I going to be happy? Nobody knows. Only time. And faith. I refer change to the process of becoming a butterfly – it is a process of metamorphosis. In order to become an adult, they go through four stages - egg, larva, pupa and adult. It is the same with people – nobody was born a perfect human being. We all have to go through rough times, learn things about life, go through this period of “being a caterpillar” in order to enter the stage of “being a butterfly”. Life is an endless process of metamorphosis. Difficult times teach us how to be stronger. This is how we discover the strength we have never though we had.


Embrace the fear.


Not knowing what is going to happen could be frightening. Changing your career path, the town or the country you live, getting married / divorced, starting a business... every change is a big risk. It might work out or it might not. You never know until you give it a try. Many people never make any changes in their life exactly because of this fear of risking too much and so, they prefer to stay with what feels comfortable. It is normal to be scared. It is normal to be stressed in times of big changes. Change and fear go hand by hand. Embrace it and do it anyways! Fear does not allow us to see the beauty around us and the opportunities life gives us. Don't let the fear win you over. Know that whatever happens, you are going to be fine. If your plans don't work out, you will find a way out and maybe this will be even better than you thought it would be. It is healthy to have a little bit of adrenaline in our life from time to time.


Change is a part of our life journey.


We learn, we grow and we move forward. To something new. And again. We learn, we grow and we move forward. This is life. I believe that we are all here to learn, to evolve and to become the best versions of ourselves. We are also here to share what we learned from our mistakes and experiences and to help others grow as well. We learn the most during periods of big changes and difficulties. And even if we don't like changes and we want to always stay at the same place, life will certainly gives us some “opportunities” to “change” this. Maybe we will not like it at first, but it is always “life-changing”.


Life gives us only lessons.


There are no good or bad situations. There are only lessons. We always have to try to find the best we could possibly get from one situation, no matter if we call it good or bad. There is always a lesson to be learned. Sometimes the changes we make in our life will make us grow in a very painful way, other times it would be less challenging. In any case, if we want to move forward and to experience new things and not reproduce the same negative patterns again, we need to learn our lesson. If you don't want to experience certain things in your life anymore, you need to make a change. There is no other way. We could not manifest new results from the same old habits. We need to replace the old habits with new ones.


Something great is on its way to you.


Change is always related to something new in our life. New beginning, new life, new story, new experiences, new places, new people... new lessons to learn. Even if change is scary, uncertain, risky, difficult, even sad and maybe lonely, we always need to have faith that something greater is on its way to us. Something better is waiting for us just around the corner. Waiting for us to be ready to accept it in our life. I believe that it is better not knowing what this great thing is, so when it happens, we are truly, genuinely, purely surprised, amazed and grateful. Let it be a true miracle. Let it be something that will completely “change” your life in the best possible way. Let it be your transformational process, your metamorphosis, your path to becoming a butterfly. Embrace it and let it happen on its own rhythm and speed. Do not rush it. Have faith that the best things in our life happen when the time is right. When we are ready for them. Before that, we have to learn our lessons! And no regrets. Everything happens for a reason. Really.

According to me, I am ready to go, to move forward to the unknown, knowing somehow deep in my heart that the best is yet to come. Love, Elena

You can also check :

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts